Lately, I have been feeling overwhelmed by my wardrobe. I often find myself feeling like I have nothing to wear which is totally ridiculous. I wanted to clean out my closest so that I can better see what I have and I can easily hunt out cute combinations.
Here is what I donated!
note: EVERYTHING I am donating was thrifted or was passed on to me from my Mum. Only exception is a pair of jeans.
1. Purple, 3/4 sleeved dress- neck stretched out a bit and it's rather matronly.
2. Brown, short-sleeve dress- I used to really like the weird bib front of this but I am over it now!
1. Leather jacket- this one! The "leather" ended up peeling off. Yep, only had it for 3 months! I am officially on the hunt for the perfect leather jacket.
1. Purple and white knit sweater- weird fit. This was passed on to me from my Mum and I loved the fabric so much but it just looked boxy and not flattering.
2. Zebra print in pink and blue sweater- low cut so I always had to wear a tank under it. I'm over the print. Probably worn twice!
3. Purple cardigan with 3/4 sleeves- Never worn! Too baggy and messy looking.
1. Black, button-up long-sleeve- never worn. I am not a button-up person to begin with but this one has a logo on the front pocket that doesn't make it very versatile.
2. Black long sleeve with tribal print lower half- too small. Passed down from my Mum.
3. Flower print tank-top- had since before high school! Too short and don't really like the Nylon fabric.
4. Cream short sleeve with flowers- too off the shoulder... just looks sloppy on me. Used to love it.
5. Black no-sleeve top- the neck is super high and always reminds me of a serving uniform.
6. Pink 3/4 sleeve top- still love it but I got bleach on it. I had rationalized that this made it unique but have totally abandoned it over 2 years later!
7. Blue long sleeve- comfy cotton top but I have lot's of those of those and never turn to this one. I also don't like the huge logo on front!
8. Red no-sleeve with sparkles on front- I wore this all through high school and still love it but it is way too tight.
9. Pink tank-top with elastic waist- My sister got this for me in Hawaii but I can never get the elastic to sit right. I would end up fussing with it all day.
10. Purple short-sleeve with built-in bolero- Really cute but again, too fussy. I would be adjusting it all day. It was also too tight in the stomach area.
11. Navy striped short-sleeve with bow at neck- I debated this one for a while. I like it but it is too big and just looks sloppy on.
12. Pink tank-top with ruffled collar- Got totally stretched out. Only wearable as PJ's but I have tons of those that I like more.
13. Pink tank-top with black lace overlay- Another favourite from my high school days! But too short and the neckline is too low.
1. Purple tulip shaped skirt- I once got super glue on it and ended up tearing a hole in it. I loved this skirt so much but it's time to let go.
2. Blue super voluminous skirt- too much skirt for me! Maybe wore it out once?!
1. Pink jeans- too tight. Always were too tight but I just loved the colour soo much! I only wore these once and I was so uncomfortable.
2. Cropped sweatpants- weird fit... Feels like they are probably too low rise for my body. Passed on from my Mum!
3. Wide legged jeans- I have another pair that is essentially the same but in a better wash.
4. Another pair of wide legged jeans- these ones! Can't get over the bad fit.
AND 1 pair of shoes, a couple of bras, and a big handful of jewelry (including 9 pairs of earrings!)
I'm really proud of myself!
(Behind my pile you can see my brother did some major donating too!)